• Cohen & Gresser welcomes Kwaku Andoh as a partner in the firm’s corporate practice group. He joins from JPMorgan Chase, where he served as managing director and associate general counsel.
• Michael O’Brien has joined Vedder Price as a shareholder in the firm’s finance & transactions practice group. He was previously a partner in the private equity, banking and financial services and healthcare teams at Sidley Austin.
• Her Justice, a nonprofit organization that provides free legal services to help stabilize the lives of low-income women in New York City has named Hamra Ahmad as its new director of legal services. She previously served as the executive director of the Hudson Valley Justice Center which provides legal services to immigrants.
• Kasowitz Benson Torres has announced that Alexander Simkin has joined the firm as special counsel in its commercial litigation group. He was previously at Simpson Thacher.
• Bleakley Platt is pleased to announce that John McGowan has joined the firm as a litigation associate. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a senior assistant district attorney with the Rockland County District Attorney’s Office, assigned to the Special Victims Unit.
Have a move to announce? Contact Patricia Kane at email@example.com.