This contest recognizes outstanding work performed by general counsel and in-house legal departments over the past year, specifically how a corporate counsel’s office, regardless of its size, came up with innovative programs, used ingenuity to solve problems or surmounted a scarcity of resources and still delivered high quality client service.
Deadline extended: June 30
This year, we will also be honoring in-house attorneys with the GC Impact Award. This recognizes an in-house lawyer who had a significant accomplishment in 2016. To nominate an individual for this award, please send a short essay (500 words or less) about this in-house attorney to EditorialAwards@alm.com.
TO NOMINATE AN IN-HOUSE LEGAL DEPARTMENT:
Write an essay of no more than 1,000 words detailing one or more of the following:
• Significant litigation activities in the last year, including pretrial achievements, trial victories, arbitrations and settlements; unique strategies for multiple litigation matters, out-of-the-ordinary non-litigation matters in the last year, such as working on a major M&A transaction or responding to a government investigation and unique strategies for routine non-litigation matters
• Excellence in outside counsel management, such as how outside counsel are chosen and/or unique fee arrangements
• How does the department encourage and reward diversity both among in-house staff and outside counsel.
• Defined routes for the advancement of in-house lawyers.
• Any formal pro bono programs or significant pro bono or community service projects over the past year
• Innovative compliance programs or creatively communicated compliance information
All submissions should be in an attached Word of PDF document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Pearl Wu email@example.com.