• Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has elected the following attorneys to partner: Andrew Blau, executive compensation; Michael Holick and Benjamin Schaye, mergers and acquisitions; Parker Kelsey, private funds; Xiaohui (Hui) Lin, capital markets; Linton Mann III, litigation;and Adam Shapiro, banking.
• Sharon Lippett has joined Epstein Becker Green as a member of its Employee Benefits practice, She previously was counsel at Shearman & Sterling.
• Aly El Hamamsy has joined Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer as a partner in the firm’s corporate practice. He had been a partner at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft.
• Weil, Gotshal & Manges have named to partner Kelly DiBlasi and Sunny Singh, business finance and restructuring; Jared Friedmann, complex commercial litigation; and Heather Viets, banking and finance. The firm also named as counsel John Goldman, real estate; Matthew Goren, business finance and restructuring; Dawn Kim, mergers and acquisitions; Jessie Mishkin, complex commercial litigation; JoonBeom Pae, tax; Ryan Taylor, private equity; and Venera Ziegler, private funds.
• Crowell & Moring has added Sarah Gilbert as a partner in its commercial litigation group. She joined the firm from Satterlee Stephens Burke & Burke.
• Shearman & Sterling has elected to partner Kristopher Ferranti, real estate; Harald Halbhuber, capital markets; and Ned Schodek, financial restructuring & insolvency.
• White & Case has named the following attorneys as counsel: Ipek Candan Snyder, mergers and acquisitions; Richard Graham; financial restructuring; Ash Ilkhani, Terry O’Brien and Irina Yevmenenko, capital Markets; and Frank Schoen, project finance.