Justice ShawnDya L. Simpson. Courtesy photo

A state Supreme Court judge who was recently transferred from Brooklyn to the Bronx for productivity issues is apparently off to a rough start in her new post, failing to show one day for a trial for a repeat felon who is facing gun and drug possession charges and repeatedly showing up late.

State Supreme Court Justice ShawnDya Simpson was one of three Brooklyn judges who was sent packing for courts in different boroughs for issues with absenteeism, case management and the number of days spent at trial.

The two other judges sent to other posts were Justice Bruce Balter, who now presides over a civil part in Queens; and Justice Cassandra Mullen, who was sent to a criminal part in Manhattan.

Simpson, who has also faced accusations that she claims to live in Brooklyn while actually living in South Orange, New Jersey, presides over a trial for Raynaldo Collimoe, who faces charges of criminal possession of a weapon, drug possession and possession of ammunition.

Collimoe, a predicate felon who has previously been convicted of and served time for robbery and murder, was arrested in February 2017 while police were serving a warrant at a Bronx apartment, according to trial testimony from a New York City police officer on Thursday.

The jury of six women and six men was picked for the case last week, said Office of Court Administration spokesman Lucian Chalfen.

But due to “scheduling issues,” Chalfen said, Simpson had planned a vacation in Martha’s Vineyard for the week after voir dire.

The judge did not show up for the trial on Monday, Chalfen said, and showed up midafternoon on Tuesday and Wednesday after witness testimony was underway.

On Thursday, the trial was set to begin at 10:30 a.m., but Simpson arrived around 11. The court officer called the court to order at about 11:30 a.m. and the jury came in about 15 minutes later.

Simpson did not respond to messages requesting comment.  

Chalfen said Simpson’s attendance at the trial is an “issue that will be addressed with her” but not until Collimoe’s trial is finished.

Neville Mitchell, a Bronx solo attorney, represents Collimoe.

“There were extenuating circumstances,” said Mitchell when asked at around 4 p.m., after proceedings concluded for the day, to comment on the judge’s absence from the courtroom, but he declined to comment further.

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant District Attorneys Tara Lynn Diener and Sarah Ross-Benjamin. A spokeswoman for the Bronx District Attorney’s Office declined to comment.