A funny thing happened on the way to the Stone Temple Pilots’ 20th anniversary concert tour. The band got divorced.

Three of the ­original members filed a lawsuit against lead singer and frontman Scott Weiland, claiming they’d fired him in February. Yet Weiland has continued to use the band’s name to advertise his own performances without them — in violation of the group’s partnership agreement, the complaint alleges.

Filed in state court in Los Angeles on May 24, the lawsuit accuses their former mate of breach of contract and trademark infringement, among other offenses, and asks for millions of dollars in damages and injunctive relief.

Weiland has not yet answered the complaint, but he did have a thing or two to say on his Facebook page. "I don’t give a fuck what they call themselves," he said, "but it’s not Stone Temple Pilots." — Corporate Counsel

Ap-Peel

The Velvet Underground and the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts have settled a suit over the rights to the most enduring image associated with the Lou Reed-fronted band: a banana. The foundation had planned to license the iconic pop art banana design for bags, cases and sleeves for Apple products. The band sued, claiming exclusive use of the design for licensed merchandising. The settlement avoids a trial set to begin at the end of July. — Richard Binder

Stripped

Selim "Sam" Zherka owns two strip clubs, the VIP Club and Cheetah’s Gentleman Club, in New York City. He also owns a free weekly newspaper called The Westchester Guardian. And he calls himself the "loudest voice" for the Tea Party in New York state. In a press conference last week, he announced that he’s suing the IRS and the FBI for carrying out a "witch hunt" against him due to his political activities. He claims government agencies have been investigating him since 2010, shortly after he began organizing for the Tea Party in the state. He told the New York Post that it took eight months for a group he formed, New Yorkers for Good Government, to be approved for tax-exempt status. He is seeking $20 million. — Richard Binder

Sequel

Author Royce Mathew is revisiting a lawsuit he filed nearly a decade ago against The Walt Disney Co., claiming it stole his work for its Pirates of the Caribbean series. He now says the company "used false and fraudulent evidence to procure a settlement." According to the recent filing, Mathew provided Disney with copies of his supernatural stories and characters during the early 1990s, but Disney ultimately credited other writers with the creation of those works. The suit doesn’t mention specific damages. — Richard Binder