Rena Hozore Reiss, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Marriott International
RENA HOZORE REISS WAS APPOINTED EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT and general counsel at Bethesda, Maryland-based Marriott International Inc. on Dec. 4. From…
RENA HOZORE REISS WAS APPOINTED EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT and general counsel at Bethesda, Maryland-based Marriott International Inc. on Dec. 4. From August 2010 through October 2017, she was executive vice president, general counsel and secretary for Hyatt Hotels Corp., based in Chicago. Both Marriott and Hyatt are global hospitality companies. Reiss graduated from Princeton University and Harvard Law School. Prior to joining Hyatt, she worked at Marriott for 10 years as a hotel development lawyer. Earlier, she worked at Counts & Kanne in Washington, D.C., and was an associate general counsel at the Miami Herald Publishing Co. She started her legal career at Thomson, Muraro, Razook & Hart in Miami. “I love the fact that I learn something new every day,” she said when asked about what she enjoys about her role. “There is no boring day as the general counsel of a global hospitality company. And although I’m originally from the East Coast, I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Chicago—great cultural scene, great food scene and a wonderful civic sensibility that Hyatt and I are plugged in to. And I’ve been lucky to be in Chicago for two Blackhawks Stanley Cups and the Cubs’ historic World Series win.” Marriott operates, franchises and licenses more than 6,400 properties in 126 countries and territories. Hyatt operates, franchises and licenses 739 properties in 57 countries.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651