Siobhan Moriarty, General Counsel of Diageo
SIOBHAN MORIARTY IS GENERAL COUNSEL FOR DIAGEO PLC, A LONdon-based alcoholic beverages company. Moriarty received a law degree at University College,…
SIOBHAN MORIARTY IS GENERAL COUNSEL FOR DIAGEO PLC, A LONdon-based alcoholic beverages company. Moriarty received a law degree at University College, Dublin, attended law school at the Law Society of Ireland, and trained at a Dublin law firm. She worked at private law firms in Dublin and London, principally as a corporate lawyer with Clifford Chance for seven years. In 2013, she was appointed GC at Diageo. Diageo is a public company, and has its primary listing on the London Stock Exchange. Diageo’s products are sold in more than 180 countries. Brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor whiskies; Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas; Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness. Beyond the more typical legal functions, Moriarty’s role as GC incorporates “leadership and management of the global legal function, the company secretariat and share schemes teams, corporate security and brand protection, as well as my role as a member of the executive committee of the company and an adviser to the board of directors,” she explained.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651