Clifford Chance re-elects managing partner Layton for new four-year term
Magic circle boss to take second term after uncontested vote
Clifford Chance (CC) has re-elected Matthew Layton as global managing partner after the firm’s partners voted to hand him a new term at the helm of the firm.
Layton will begin a second four-year term on 1 May next year, following an uncontested election process.
He was first appointed global managing partner in 2013, seeing off competition from Paris managing partner Yves Wehrli and real estate finance partner Andrew Carnegie to secure the post, which he took up on 1 May 2014.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651