POWERED BY LAW.COM
- LegalWeek Home
- The American Lawyer
- National Law Journal
- Corporate Counsel
- New York Law Journal
- The Legal Intelligencer
- The Recorder
- Daily Business Review
- Browse All Publications ➝
- Law Topics
- Career Development
- Deals and Transactions
- General Counsel and In-House Counsel
- Law Firm Management
- Legal Technology
- Browse All ➝
- Surveys & Rankings
- Law Firms
- DLA Piper
- Clifford Chance
- Allen & Overy
- Hogan Lovells
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Browse All ➝
- Legal Ladder
- Lean Adviser
- British Legal Awards
- International Private Client Forum
- Strategic Technology Forum USA
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration Forum
- Legal Week Connect
- All Sections
- About Us
- Contact Us
- All Sections
- Customer Care
- Terms of Service
- Modern Slavery Statement
Copyright © 2019 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
SDT judgment in landmark Locke Lord case reveals details of partner's 'dubious' £21m investment scheme and airport arrest
SDT judgment reveals ex-Locke Lord partner was arrested at Birmingham Airport in 2015 after questions over two-and-a-half-year investment scheme
Thank you for sharing!
Locke Lord failed to prevent a London partner from using the firm’s client account to run a “dubious” £21m investment scheme for two and a half years, despite enquiries from the FBI and the Metropolitan Police, a Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) judgment has revealed.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651
Dan Clark |
Ex-Sullivan partner takes sole leadership of investment bank's legal team
US firm's hire of a European counsel in Brussels has handed it a role on a landmark case that is expected to last for years
Meghan Tribe |
John Merow led the Wall Street firm during a period of international expansion in the 1980s and 1990s
More from ALM
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
US Firm | ECM | Mid Level | Beijing
Magic Circle | Corporate M&A & PE | Mid Level | Singapore
From Data to Decisions
Exclusive Depth and Reach.
Big Pictures and Fine Details
January 28, 2019 - January 31, 2019
New York, NY
Brings together all facets of the legal profession to address the key challenges facing the industry
Trust & Estates Litigation Forum 2019
March 07, 2019 - March 09, 2019
Annual forum for the world's leading trust and estate litigators.
Asia Legal Awards 2019
March 21, 2019
Sponsored by: Epiq | October 29, 2018
Sponsored by: NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation) | August 28, 2018
Sponsored By: LexisNexis | July 18, 2018
Legal Week Newsletters & Alerts
Sign Up Today and Never Miss Another Story.
As part of your subscription, you can sign up for an unlimited number of a wide range of complimentary newsletters and alerts. Get the timely legal news and critical analysis you cannot afford to miss. Tailored just for you. In your inbox. Every day.
Copyright © 2019 American Lawyer Media International, LLC. All Rights Reserved.