A legal legend caught up in the Harvey Weinstein mess: why David Boies' mea culpa doesn’t cut it
How has a bona fide legend like Boies Schiller chair David Boies got caught up in the Weinstein scandal, with his judgment and ethics called into question?
It’s hard not to be charmed by David Boies. I’ve met the Boies Schiller Flexner chairman on several occasions and interviewed him about a range of topics - from his opinion about Donald Trump, a skirmish he got into with Alan Dershowitz, to his star turn on The Good Wife. He’s a rock star of lawyers, a maverick who looms above the stuffed suits of the profession and a shiny knight for liberal causes.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651