'The US merger made people take us more seriously' - Kennedys' Thomas on transforming the firm
After a quick-fire series of merger deals, has Kennedys resolved its "five years out of date" market perception?
“The perception of the firm is changing – the Carroll McNulty & Kull (CMK) merger certainly made people take us much more seriously. With that merger we are no longer at risk of being considered a London firm with a few overseas offices,” says Kennedys senior partner Nick Thomas.
Just six months ago, Thomas (pictured) told Legal Week that the view of Kennedys from outside the firm was “about five years out of date”. However, emboldened by a year of international expansion – headlined by May’s transatlantic merger with the 100-lawyer US firm CMK – Thomas says that he feels that this is shifting.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651