Dealmaker: Slaughters disputes head Sarah Lee on visiting clients in prison, winning an injunction against Freshfields and female role models
The magic circle firm's new disputes head discusses visiting 'rogue trader' Nick Leeson in Frankfurt prison, inspirational female colleagues and barring Freshfields from acting for Philip Green on his rejected bid for Marks & Spencer in 2004
Why did you become a lawyer? Science A-levels proved not to be my forte so the plan to study medicine had to be changed. I switched subjects to English literature and economics, which allowed me to pursue a legal degree and the rest is history. Second chances do exist.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651