'It’s incredibly important that all lawyers speak up' - US law firms react to Trump's alt-right remarks
Skadden and Paul Weiss among law firms avowing commitment to diversity and tolerance after Trump's Charlottesville protest statements
In the days following this weekend’s violent clashes between rival groups of protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, that resulted in the death of Heather Heyer, a 32-year-old legal assistant with the Miller Law Group, some corporate executives have openly criticised President Donald Trump for his immediate failure to condemn white supremacists.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651