‘We want to be on a par with Freshfields’ - Latham Germany chief sets out bold 2020 strategy
Latham's Oliver Felsenstein targets Germany growth as magic circle rivals scale back
As its rivals downsize in Germany, Latham & Watkins is in hiring mode. The firm is targeting premium M&A work in a bid to catch up with key rivals by 2020, says country head Oliver Felsenstein, formerly global co-head of private equity at Clifford Chance (CC).
“In three years’ time we want to be viewed at least on a par with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Hengeler Mueller. These firms have traditionally had strong reputations in strategic M&A, but we have invested and continue to win market share.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651