'A great target for cyber-crime' - WannaCry attacks push law firm tech security up the agenda
With cyber-attacks continuing to make headlines, partners and IT security experts discuss the implications for law firms
“There is a huge criminal cyber threat to law firms,” says Steve Hill, ex-deputy director in the UK government National Security Secretariat dealing with cyber security. “The hackers perpetrating these types of attacks will not be teenage boys – they are criminal gangs set up to exploit law firms for sensitive data or lock people out of the data in return for a ransom.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651