White & Case recruits Ropes City finance partner as London hiring spree continues
US firm's London office gains third lateral partner since start of 2017
McGarry, the third partner to join the US firm’s London office since the beginning of 2017, starts today (24 April) as a partner in the firm’s global capital markets practice.
He joined Ropes in August 2015 as a partner from Weil Gotshal & Manges, where he was an associate.
McGarry’s practice is focused on structured finance transactions, advising sponsors, issuers, arrangers and investors on securitisations and collateralised loan obligations.
Last November, White & Case identified London growth as a key component of its new five-year strategy, setting out plans to significantly ramp up the proportion of its lawyers based in the UK capital – from roughly 350 at present to more than 500 by 2020.
London managing partner Oliver Brettle said: “Our 2020 strategy includes a focus on profitable growth in London, in capital markets and in the global financial institutions industry; and Chris drives us forward in all three areas. His addition follows the arrival in London since the beginning of 2017 of Patrick Sarch and Marc Israel, as well as the promotion of eight new partners.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651