Slaughters takes key role as Vodafone India merger creates country's largest telecoms firm
Magic circle firm and Indian trio advise on Vodafone India's merger with Indian telecoms company Idea
Slaughter and May, Allen & Overy (A&O) and a trio of Indian law firms have taken lead roles on the multibillion-dollar merger of Vodafone India and Indian telecoms company Idea, a deal that will create the country’s largest telecoms operator.
The merger, which is slated to close in 2018, will create a combined company valued at more than $20bn (£16bn), boasting 400 million customers, 35% customer market share and 41% revenue market share.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651