Gowling WLG unveils female-focused promotions round as five lawyers join partnership
Four women made up to UK partnership in five-strong round
Gowling WLG’s UK arm has made up four women to its partnership in an 80%-female promotions round.
The UK arm of the Anglo-Canadian firm – which announces its Canada partner promotions separately – has promoted five lawyers, three of who are based in Birmingham and two in London.
The firm made up just two partners last year, in the first promotions round after the merger of Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co and Canada’s Gowlings went live in February 2016.
The lawyers will join the partnership on 1 May. Two focus on real estate, including London director Sarah Galvin (pictured above left), alongside construction lawyer Mark Stephenson, pensions lawyer Liz Gane and litigator Samantha Holland (pictured above right).
Chief executive David Fennell said: “Our new partners advise clients in some of our most successful practices and sectors. They have all demonstrated energy, innovation and commitment in helping these clients achieve their business objectives over a number of years.”
The news comes after the Canadian arm of the firm announced this January that 19 lawyers had been made up across the firm’s offices in Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Hamilton and Toronto.
This Monday (13 March), Pinsent Masons became the first UK firm to announce its 2017 partner promotions, with 16 lawyers made up, including 11 women.
Gowling WLG partner promotions in full
London Sarah Galvin, real estate Felicity Lindsay, real estate
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651