King & Wood Mallesons' European arm considers merger options as recapitalisation plan fails
Embattled European business fails to secure enough partner buy-in to secure China bailout
King & Wood Mallesons’ (KWM) European recapitalisation plan has failed, with insufficient partners committing to the deal, it has been announced.
The news throws the future of the legacy SJ Berwin business into question, with a statement from KWM confirming that the business’s management team is now considering a range of strategic options, including mergers.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651