KWM moves to rebuild in Paris with White & Case hire
The hire of senior associate Guilain Hippolyte is the firm's first in Paris since Goodwin Proctor hired a six-partner PE team from the office.
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is taking steps to rebuild its Paris corporate practice, having hired senior associate Guilain Hippolyte from White & Case. The arrival of private equity specialist Hippolyte, who is joining KWM as a partner, represents the firm’s first hire in Paris since the office was rocked in March by the departure of a highly regarded six-partner private equity team, which joined Goodwin Procter.
The firm has also appointed Paris tax head Sylvie Vansteenkiste as the office’s new managing partner. The previous head, Maxence Bloch, was part of the group that quit for Goodwin Procter. Vansteenkiste is one of the partners who founded KWM’s Paris office in 2001.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651