Facebook turns to Baker & McKenzie to fight US tax probe
Social networking giant signs up Bakers for IRS investigation into asset transfers to Irish holding company
Lawyers with the US Department of Justice asked earlier this month for a court order forcing Facebook to provide information to the IRS relating to agreements between the company and the holding company, Facebook Ireland Holdings. Baker & McKenzie Palo Alto tax partner Scott Frewing filed court papers on Monday (19 July) on behalf of the company in the dispute over the documents, which is pending in the US District Court for the Northern District of California.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651