Is the end still nigh? Why the legal profession is still waiting for big change
Given the slow pace of change in the legal market, speakers on a panel at Legal Week's recent Independent Law Firm Forum ruminated on whether longstanding predictions about major change in the profession will ever come true
Chris Carroll, senior international counsel, Travers Smith: Predicting the future is always a challenge and in the legal world predictions about the future have often been pretty inaccurate over the years. I can think of two random examples where predictions have not come true.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651