Out of the comfort zone: why you should grab the opportunity of a secondment with both hands
Berwin Leighton Paisner senior associate Adam Jamieson on the insight he gained from a secondment to the Financial Conduct Authority
Getting the broad experience it takes to develop your career is difficult, and requires you to be proactive and receptive to different opportunities. One of the key turning points for me came when I was given the opportunity to go on a secondment to the enforcement division of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651