'There is a risk the UK's legal system will be tarnished' - the challenges facing the Bar's future stars
Ben Rigby talks to the new leaders of the Bar Council and the Young Barristers' Committee about the challenges facing those up and coming at the Bar
London’s strength as a significant centre for the resolution of international disputes has provided a major boost to young barristers, new Bar Council chairman Chantal-Aimee Doerries QC of Atkin Chambers, believes, however cuts and changes at the lower end of the profession risk undermining the Bar’s strength.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651