Gaining the edge - the financial advantages available to US firms in London
Pamela Sayers, tax partner at Smith & Williamson, highlights the financial advantages US firms in London are able to enjoy if they structure themselves properly
US law firms with a base in the UK are able to enjoy some potential financial advantages – but only if the firm is structured properly. Currency fluctuations and differences in accounting methods represent major pitfalls for the unwary. In addition, firms need to be prepared for the growing scrutiny from tax authorities on both sides of the pond.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651