Assure thing – RSA's group GC on dealing with regulatory pressures
Group GC Derek Walsh explains how his newly expanded role fits in with his background in insurance broking
It goes without saying that financial regulators are noticeably stepping up their scrutiny these days. Or rather, it would go without saying, but RSA group general counsel Derek Walsh has quite a lot to say about it. “For a business, we feel we are putting a tremendous amount of time and resource into meeting regulatory requirements,” says Walsh, who has seen a steep increase in day-to-day dealings with regulators since he joined the FTSE 100 insurer in 2010.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651