Skadden, Simpson Thacher and Freshfields advise on $1bn banana deal
A host of international, US and Irish law firms have won roles on the $1bn (£597m) merger between Irish fruit company Fyffes and US rival Chiquita. The combination will create the world's largest banana company, ChiquitaFyffes, which is set to list in New York. Chiquita instructed Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom for the merger, with the firm fielding a team headed by New York corporate partner David Friedman and Chicago-based global co-head of corporate transactions Peter Krupp.
A host of international, US and Irish law firms have won roles on the $1bn (£597m) merger between Irish fruit company Fyffes and US rival Chiquita.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651