King of the market: advisers prepare for listing frenzy as confidence returns
If further proof were needed of the resurgence of global initial public offering (IPO) activity, the last few weeks have delivered it. In London, plans to list announced by Pets at Home and Poundland come as other retailers such as House of Fraser and Fat Face are expected to float later in the year. The last nine months have seen a major upsurge in IPO activity across the world. In London, there were 30 main market IPOs in 2013 with a total value of £7.7bn, compared with 18 in 2012 valued at £1.9bn.
If further proof were needed of the resurgence of global initial public offering (IPO) activity, the last few weeks have delivered it.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651