M&A confidence grows as mega deals fuel rise in global activity
Lawyers are buoyed by growing boardroom confidence following a pick-up in global M&A activity during the last quarter, dominated by the rise of mega deals. The $130bn (£80.1bn) Vodafone-Verizon deal, which marked the largest US-based corporate deal on record since 2001, is largely responsible for making September the top month by deal values this year so far, pushing many of the law firms to take roles on the deal into the top 10 global advisers of the quarter by value, according to data from Mergermarket. The value of global M&A for Q1-3 this year totals $1,606.7bn (£989bn), a 5.5% increase on the same period in 2012, with 2013 on track to see the highest total since 2008. The recent stabilisation of the European economy is also reflected in M&A activity, with a 41.5% rise in deal values from Q3 2012 to Q3 2013.
Vodafone-Verizon deal helps push global M&A value up 5.5%
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651