Branding of law firms: what's the message? Does it matter?
"Entertaining stuff! Though your piece confuses a brand (values, reputation etc) with a name. Slaughter and May has a terrible name (suggesting being somewhat argumentative and possibly indecisive?) but a great brand..."
What do you think of the name ‘King & Wood Mallesons SJ Berwin’? After it was announced that SJ Berwin was combining this autumn with King & Wood Mallesons, a leading law firm network in the Asia-Pacific region, it appeared that the name ‘King & Wood Mallesons SJ Berwin’ had been chosen, either as a stop-gap, or as the new entity’s ultimate name, depending on which version of the firm’s press release you received.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651