A&O partner Asher parachuted in to lead Co-op rescue as new GC
Allen & Overy (A&O) global financial institutions head Alistair Asher is joining the Co-op as its new group general counsel as the troubled mutual sets out a £1.5bn rescue plan for its banking arm. Asher, who has spent more than 34 years at A&O, including 26 as a partner, led on the Co-op's merger with Britannia Building Society in 2009, as well as Lloyds' rescue takeover of HBOS in 2008.
Allen & Overy (A&O) global financial institutions head Alistair Asher is joining the Co-op as its new group general counsel as the troubled mutual sets out a £1.5bn rescue plan for its banking arm.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651