Shearman eyes Saudi opening as firm mulls opportunities to expand in region
Shearman & Sterling is eyeing an office launch in Saudi Arabia, as part of a strategic review of the firm's opportunities in the region beyond its established base in Abu Dhabi. The firm is also looking at potential office openings in Qatar and Dubai, as well as considering setting up an Egyptian base to support its growing arbitration practice in the country. It is thought a Saudi launch, likely to be in Riyadh, will take place relatively soon, with the firm, which would have to open in conjunction with a local firm, understood to have come close to opening in Saudi several years ago. Any additional openings in Qatar, Dubai and Egypt are expected to take place further down the line.
US firm considers Qatar, Dubai and Egypt launches in push to extend beyond Abu Dhabi
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651