Property and Construction Team of the Year: Hadef & Partners
A team from Hadef & Partners, led by Anthony Edwards, head of the firm's Dubai engineering and construction team, caught the judging panel's attention for its work on a landmark case before the Dubai World Tribunal. The team acted for Technical Architects General Contracting Company (TAGC) in its successful defeat of a bid for a $20m (£13m) judgment against the developers Nakheel to be set aside. The case concerned a contract to build 31 blocks of flats at a residential complex in Dubai that fell victim to the financial difficulties that afflicted Nakheel's parent, Dubai World. Nakheel terminated the contract mid-way through construction work in January 2009 and, according to Hadef, the two parties reached a compromise agreement in June for TAGC to be paid AED58m (£10m) for the work already completed.
A team from Hadef & Partners, led by Anthony Edwards, head of the firm’s Dubai engineering and construction team, caught the judging panel’s attention for its work on a landmark case before the Dubai World Tribunal.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651