High-profile barrister charged over role in Chris Huhne points case
High-profile barrister and recorder Constance Briscoe has been charged with intending to pervert the course of justice. Briscoe, who was suspended from the judiciary last October pending a police investigation, now faces two charges of providing inaccurate statements to the police in 2011 and 2012.
High-profile barrister and recorder Constance Briscoe has been charged with intending to pervert the course of justice.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651