Ashurst leads on Commerzbank's £4bn real estate loan portfolio sale
Ashurst has picked up a lead role advising on the potential £4bn sale of a portfolio of UK property loans by Germany’s Commerzbank. The bank is in discussions to sell its Eurohypo UK operation to US bank Wells Fargo and private equity group Lone Star, with the loan portfolio valued at between £3bn and £5bn. According to reports in the Financial Times the potential acquirers would divide the portfolio between them, with Lone Star to take on the distressed loans and Wells Fargo the performing deals. Should it go ahead, the deal would reportedly be one of the largest disposals of real estate debt by a European bank since the start of the financial crisis.
Ashurst has picked up a lead role advising on the potential £4bn sale of a portfolio of UK property loans by Germany’s Commerzbank.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651