London partnership prospects sink as promotions at UK top 30 drop by 17%
London partnership prospects at the UK's top 30 law firms have dipped significantly this year, alongside a fall in partner promotions across almost all regions. The number of London partner promotions at the UK's 30 largest law firms by revenue dropped to 101 this year, down 17% on last year's figure of 121, with City promotions accounting for just over one quarter of all promotions across the group, down from 30% last year. In total, 370 partners were made up across the UK top 30, down 8% on last year's equivalent figure of 401. Asia has also seen a drop-off in promotions this year, after a tough period for the region in which work levels have fallen and many firms have cut jobs, with the total number of new Asia partners at top 30 firms down by one quarter to 30 from 40 in 2012.
Asia and US also see reduced partnership rounds, while EMEA bucks trend to remain static
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651