CC and Eversheds say cheese as Dairy Crest protects pension fund with cheddar
Clifford Chance (CC) and Eversheds have landed roles on an unusual deal that has seen Dairy Crest protect its pension fund with maturing cheese. The UK dairy company has granted a floating charge of £60m worth of cheddar cheese to the trustee of its pension fund, in what is thought to be the first deal of its kind involving cheese. Dairy Crest's cheese stock was valued at £150m at the end of March. CC is advising trustees of the fund with a team including finance partner Karen Hodson, pensions partner Clare Hoxey and associate Katie Hicks.
Clifford Chance (CC) and Eversheds have landed roles on an unusual deal that has seen Dairy Crest protect its pension fund with maturing cheese.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651