Clifford Chance and Freshfields all in on CVC's £910m Betfair bid
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Clifford Chance (CC) are advising on CVC Capital Partners' takeover bid for online betting exchange Betfair Group. A Freshfields team led by corporate partner Martin Taylor is acting for the betting company, which on Monday (22 April) rejected an offer of £8.80 per Betfair share, on the basis that it "fundamentally undervalues the company and its prospects, and is highly conditional."
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Clifford Chance (CC) are advising on CVC Capital Partners’ takeover bid for online betting exchange Betfair Group.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651