Magic circle duo lead as Clayton makes major UK retail investment
Clifford Chance (CC) and Allen & Overy (A&O) have scored lead roles on the near-£1bn purchase of a 60% stake in UK retailer B&M Bargains by US private equity group Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R). CD&R has bought the majority stake in the Liverpool-based discount chain from Manchester businessmen Simon, Bobby and Robin Arora, who have built up the business since acquiring it in 2005. The deal, which is reportedly worth £965m, is expected to close early in 2013.
Clifford Chance (CC) and Allen & Overy (A&O) have scored lead roles on the near-£1bn purchase of a 60% stake in UK retailer B&M Bargains by US private equity group Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651