Freshfields and Slaughters lead on Penguin Random House merger
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Slaughter and May have picked up leading roles alongside two US firms on the planned joint venture between Penguin and Random House, which will create a consumer publishing giant with combined revenues of around £2.5bn. UK media group Pearson and German rival Bertelsmann confirmed today (29 October) that they have agreed to combine their respective publishing outfits, with Random House owner Bertelsmann set to own 53% of the new Penguin Random House joint venture and Penguin parent Pearson the remaining 47% stake.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Slaughter and May have picked up leading roles alongside several US firms on the planned joint venture between Penguin and Random House, which will create a consumer publishing giant with combined revenues of around £2.5bn.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651