Business as usual? The challenges of winning business in the fiercely competitive Asia-Pacific region
I couldn't have predicted that my legal career would bring me to Singapore all those years ago when I was just starting out as wet-nosed trainee. I completed my training contract on Station Road, Watford in a specialist civil litigation practice. I was desperate to be taken on as a newly qualified solicitor. I owe a great debt to Des Collins, the senior partner, because he did keep me on. Des saw something I was good at and that was business development. He gave me the freedom to win new work for his business.
Norton Rose’s Sean Twomey gives a perspective on the challenges of winning business in the fiercely competitive and hugely varied economies of the Asia-Pacific region
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651