Getting out of the woods - will solicitors face another rise in negligence claims?
For a long time there have been gloomy predictions of avalanches of claims against professionals – including solicitors – arising from the economic downturn. Yet it continues to be the case that the deluge has not arrived, although there has certainly been a very notable increase in claims in specific areas. So has the danger now passed?
Clyde & Co’s Richard Harrison and Jim Taylor ask if the rise in claims against solicitors signals a permanently riskier environment
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651