Off balance - associate work/life balance remains as elusive than ever
"There will always be associates willing to work hard in the hope of promotion. It is not in the partnership's interest to change that - firms will take advantage. Breakdowns and mistakes will always be seen as a sign of an individual's weakness..."
In the third of a series of pieces on junior lawyers’ working lives, Rachel Rothwell finds the search for work/life balance is more elusive than ever for many associates
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651