UK trio join legal line-up as Thai company trumps Shell with £1.2bn Cove bid
Slaughter and May, Linklaters and Simmons & Simmons have become the latest firms to win roles on the billion-pound bidding battle for Cove Energy. Slaughters is advising Thailand’s PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP), which has topped an earlier bid from Royal Dutch Shell with a new £1.2bn offer. Cove's directors have unanimously recommended that its shareholders accept the latest bid.
Slaughter and May, Linklaters and Simmons & Simmons have become the latest firms to win roles on the billion-pound bidding battle for Cove Energy.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651