Phone-hacking lawyer takes News Corp action to the US as blogger sues Times
Phone-hacking lawyer Mark Lewis is poised to take legal action against News Corporation in the US, as the long-running scandal moves beyond the UK courts. Taylor Hampton's Lewis is set to arrive in the US this weekend to begin discussions with New York civil liberties lawyer Norman Siegel over legal action for three alleged victims of phone-hacking described as a "well-known sports person", a sports person not in the public eye and a US citizen.
Phone-hacking lawyer Mark Lewis is poised to take legal action against News Corporation in the US, as the long-running scandal moves beyond the UK courts.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651