Freshfields and Slaughters advise as Royal Mail gets set for privatisation
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Slaughter and May are playing key advisory roles in the ambitious restructuring of Royal Mail as the UK Government prepares to take on the company’s multibillion-pound pension deficit ahead of a potential float. Freshfields is advising the Government on the restructuring, which will see £37.5bn of Royal Mail’s legacy pensions liabilities transferring to the state, including a deficit of around £9.5bn.
Magic circle firms lead on Royal Mail restructuring in preparation for potential float
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651