What doesn't kill you... how much medicine can Linklaters take?
"Linklaters has been through five overhauls in a decade – four of them in the last five years. This level of upheaval contradicts the received wisdom about how aggressively you can manage a major law firm before things start falling off the wagon..."
Right, to Linklaters. So unusual is the City giant’s decision to push itself through another partnership restructuring only three years after its last wide-ranging shake-up, that we’ve let some time pass before taking a view on it. But even with that time and the chance to discuss it with numerous people in and outside the firm, it still seems a startling move and one without precedent among modern law firm management at this level of the game.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651