M&A Team of the Year: Slaughter and May
Slaughter and May’s work advising British Airways (BA) on its merger with Spanish airline Iberia secures it the highly-prized M&A Team of the Year Award. The deal was a complex one, given that it involved two flagship national airlines operating within a highly-regulated sector. It drew on Slaughters’ expertise in corporate, capital markets, regulatory, tax and commercial law. The merger was completed in January 2011 and created a new holding company, International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG). It is one of the world’s largest airlines, and the second-largest in Europe, having a market value £5.3bn at the time of the merger.
Winner: Slaughter and May
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651