Education and Training Initiative of the Year: DLA Piper
DLA Piper secured the Education and Training Initiative of the Year Award for the imaginative training programme that was implemented to support the roll out of a new budgeting tool. Following its introduction, usage of the tool increase eightfold in less than a year. This has allowed the firm to meet client demands for a more far-reaching and accurate flexible fees programme. The software programme Budgeteer allows users to create budgets for client matters that estimate the number of hours it will take fee earners working at different levels and hourly rates to complete the work. With the help of historic data, partners can then calculate the impact different gearing, discounting, recovery rates and other factors have on the work. This means that partners can have a more informed conversation with clients about fees and fee structures at the start of the case. They can also make commercial decisions on how to run the case as it unfolds.
Winner: DLA Piper
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651