City elite give a little ground on fees but some firms still hiking rates
Charge-out rates at the City’s top firms have remained broadly static throughout 2011, with leading firms coming under pressure to reduce rates. New research carried out by costs lawyer Jim Diamond shows magic circle firms have reduced partner charge-out rates marginally, with average rates falling by 8% at the lower end of the range and 3% at the top in 2011. The reductions equate to an average partner hourly rate in the magic circle of between £600 and £700, down from a range of £650 to £725 in 2010.
Jim Diamond survey shows renewed pressure on fees as LW research underlines client concerns over costs
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651